- 600 g (1/4 lb) ground Quebec Milk-Fed Veal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 ml (3 tablespoons) vegetable juice
- 100 g (4 oz) fresh goat’s cheese
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of a mix of chopped parsley, basil and tarragon
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) thyme
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sunflower oil
- 2 chopped French shallots
- 50 ml (3 tablespoons) white wine
- 100 ml (7 tablespoons) demi-glace sauce
- 1 Spanish onion sliced and sautéed in butter
- Mix meat with salt, pepper and vegetable juice.
- Mix goat’s cheese with herbs.
- Divide meat in 4 portions and form balls. With the thumb, make a cavity in the middle of the ball and place a quarter of the herbs and goat’s cheese mix.
- Flatten the balls while ensuring that the cheese stays in the middle. Cook the usual way, either on the stove or on the grill.
- Brown shallots in oil. Pour white wine and allow liquids to reduce to 3/4. Add the previously prepared semi-glazed sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with onion topping, tomato slices and a salad.