- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal chops, approximately 2 1/2 cm thick* (250 g)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) garlic flavoured oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) thyme
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 peeled tomato, remove seeds and chop
- 1 celery stick
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper, remove seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix oil with thyme and brush chops with mixture.
- Grill milk-fed veal chops on each side for 4 minutes.
- Dice all vegetables and fry in a wok for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and serve with the veal chops.
- Variation: You can also mix the raw vegetables with 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of coarse salt and the juice from one lime, let sit for 30 minutes, drain and serve with the veal chops. This second method is a version of the Mexicana Piquante Salsa.
* Note: Use the butcher to get some nice thick chops.
Hint from the chef: On the stove… In a frying pan, cook chops for approximately 1 minute on each side on high heat then cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add 50 ml (3 tablespoons) of white wine (or chicken broth), allow the liquids to reduce for 1 minute, cover and turn off heat. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.