- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) of Quebec Milk-Fed Veal brochette cubes
Fresh thyme dip:
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 lime zest
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, remove seeds and chop finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 small potatoes
- 16 mini-carrots
- 24 green beans cut in three
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, mix the olive oil, red wine, red onion, garlic, and fresh thyme. Add veal cubes.
- Baste well, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Turn veal cubes once while they are marinating.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, yoghurt, fresh thyme, lime zest and jalapeño pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for 4 minutes.
- Add mini-carrots and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and let cool.
- Remove veal cubes from marinade.
- Place the cubes on skewers, alternating with the potatoes and carrots.
- Insert a cut green bean between each ingredient on the skewer.
- Brush with marinade and discard remaining marinade.
- Grill on a barbecue (BBQ) over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat registers 68°C (155°F) in the centre.
- Turn while cooking to brown all sides.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve 2 brochettes per person on a bed of lettuce and a fresh thyme dip as a side dish.
- Serve the dip with fresh thyme.
Variation: For a more fruity taste, replace vegetables by red grapes, mango and pineapple chunks.