- 1/2 Avocado cut into cubes
- 1 Italian tomato cut into cubes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, dived into 2
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 250 g (1/2 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 each: red and yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Cajun seasoning
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh or canned pineapple, drained, cut into cubes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chili sauce
- 4 Large, whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) each: light sour cream and mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh baby spinach
- In a bowl, gently mix the avocado, tomato, coriander, half the juice and zest of lime and the hot sauce. Keep the salsa in the refrigerator.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the milk-fed veal strips, onion, garlic, peppers and Cajun seasoning. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the veal strips are only slightly pink inside.
- Add the rest of the lime juice and zest, pineapples and chili sauce. Reheat for 1 minute. Garnish each tortilla with sour cream, grated cheese, the veal mixture, salsa and spinach.
- Serve with rice and beans and a green salad.