- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whipping cream, whipped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh chives, minced
- Grated zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of baguette, cut on the diagonal
- 1 large clove of garlic, cut in half
- 375 g (3/4 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal loin, cooked and sliced thinly
- 5 radishes, sliced thinly
- In a bowl, using a rubber spatula, gently combine the whipped cream, sour cream, parsley, basil, chives and lime zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Toast the bread for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Allow to cool. Rub each slice of toast on one side only with the cut surface of the garlic. Place a slice of veal on each slice of toast and garnish with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the mousse and a few slices of radish.
- Serve on a bed of greens. For a picnic, serve with a vegetable salad or raw veggies.
Variation: For something different, roll the sliced veal, mousse and radish slices in a small crêpe. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve one per person.