- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal chops, 280 g (10 oz.) each
- A sufficient amount of olive oil
Citrus and olive oil sauce:
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 oranges
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 dried shallots, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the veal chops with olive oil.
- Place the chops on the barbecue (BBQ) grill over medium heat and grill for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve with citrus and olive oil sauce (see recipe below).
Citrus and olive oil sauce
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and let shallots sweat for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey and reserved fruit quarters.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place in electric blender and purée.
- Add Cayenne pepper.
- Slowly pour in the rest of the olive oil, while operating the blender; the sauce will be smooth and unctuous.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Suggested garnish: braised fennel, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans.