- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cutlets
- 1 large tomato, remove seeds and dice
- 114 g (1/4 lb) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, cut into fine slices
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) minced chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped tarragon
- Place each cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Place diced tomatoes and cubed mozzarella into a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Use about half of the marinade – about 60 ml – (4 tbsp) to season the tomato and cheese cubes. Set the remaining marinade aside.
- Place the 4 cutlets on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomato and cheese mixture amongst the 4 milk-fed veal cutlets, roll them up and secure with a tooth-pick while making sure no stuffing comes out of the sides.
- Place a lightly-oiled sheet of aluminum foil on the barbecue (BBQ) grill and place the
4 cutlets on the sheet. Grill on all 4 sides, about 7 minutes in total.
- Spread the fine slices of tomato evenly around each plate and season with the remaining marinade. Slice the cutlets into sections and place on the tomatoes. Serve accompanied with grilled focaccia.