- Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey or sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cutlets, 150 g (5 oz) each
- 250 ml (1 cup) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock or demi-glace sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) 35% or thick 15% cream
- Remove the lemon peel (yellow part only) with a paring knife or zester and cut it into very thin strips (julienne). Blanch the rind for 2 minutes in 125 ml (1/2 cup) water. Drain the rind, set aside and discard the water.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and butter over high heat until the butter foams. Salt and pepper the cutlets and brown for 1 minute on each side, turning only once during cooking. (Note: if the skillet is not large enough, cook the cutlets 2 at a time so as not to overlap them.).
- Remove the cutlets from the skillet, transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour the veal stock into the skillet and reduce it by half. Add the lemon reduction and heat for 2 minutes. Add the cream, continue cooking for 1 minute and pour the sauce over the cutlets.