- 12 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cutlets, 40 g (1.5 oz) each
- Salt and pepper
- 10 g (2 tsp) flour
- 40 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 g (1 tbsp) butter
- 12 sliced tomatoes
- 120 g (4 oz) goat cheese
- 12 black olives
- Herbs de Provence
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine (if desired)
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) prepared concentrated veal stock
- Season the milk-fed veal cutlets with salt and pepper, cover with flour.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil with a small lump of butter and brown the milk-fed veal cutlets.
- Place a slice of tomato on each cutlet, followed by a piece of goat cheese and a black olive. Sprinkle everything with herbs de Provence and brown in the oven, if desired, or melt the cheese slowly on a low heat. Keep warm.
- Clean the pan with white wine and reduce. Add the veal stock, reduce again and adjust the seasoning before basting the cutlets and serving.