- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal T-Bone Steaks
(450 g or 1 lb), 2 cm thick
- 10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 2 orange’s juice and zest
- 1 lime’s juice and zest
- 1 lemon’s juice and zest
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) full grain mustard
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves
- 2 chopped French shallots
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) crushed pepper grains
- Chop the zests and mix with the citrus juices. Add all the other ingredients of the marinade.
- Using a well-sharpened small knife, make two small cuts on each side of the milk-fed veal T-Bone Steaks and lay them in the marinade. Let marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Drain the meat and brush it with a small quantity of olive oil.
- Prepare a medium-high intensity fire or set the gas barbecue (BBQ) to medium-high level, and grill the milk-fed veal T-Bone Steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Suggested accompaniment: Grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchinis, fennel) and fine herbs rice.
This recipe was prepared by Benoît Latulippe chef of the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ).