- 1 piece of about 600 g (1 1/4 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal shoulder
- 150 g (5 oz) fresh spinach
- 1 chopped French shallot
- 1 chopped garlic bulb
- Half a lemon’s chopped zest
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 55 g (2 oz) chorizo cut in strips
- 1 l (4 cups) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock or chicken stock
- In a salted water casserole, briefly poach the spinach and squeeze to drain the water. Chop coarsely and mix with the French shallot, the garlic, the lemon zest and half of the olive oil.
- Make a large slit in the meat and stuff it with the spinach mix and the chorizo strips. Close the meat and tie it up or simply put it back in its rope.
- Heat the pan on medium-high heat and pour the other half of the olive oil. Brown the meat on all its side then place it in a casserole and cover it with veal stock. Bring to a boil, cover and cook in an oven at 180°C (350°F) for 55 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the pot roast rest in the veal stock for a few minutes before serving.
Suggested accompaniment: Seasonal vegetables.