- 450 g (1 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal strips
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) canola oil
- 1 shredded onion
- 1 shredded red pepper
- 1/2 shredded orange pepper
- 1/2 shredded yellow pepper
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) shiitake mushrooms
- 75 g (2 1/2 oz) fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) cashew nuts
- 6 fresh coriander branches
- 25 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) grilled sesame seeds
- 100 ml (3 oz) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock or chicken stock
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh grated ginger
- 10 ml (2 tsp) icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 20 ml (4 tsp) Hoi sin sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) corn starch
- Remove the stem of the shiitake mushrooms and cut the cap in large strips. Set aside.
- Heat the veal stock in a microwave oven then add the other ingredients for the marinade. Mix and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the two mixed oils and sautéed the milk-fed veal strips for
1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, the peppers and the shiitake mushrooms. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the marinade in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, the cashew nuts and the coriander.
- Serve on a rice vermicelli crown after having garnished it with sesame seeds.
This recipe was prepared by Benoît Latulippe chef of the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ)