- 800 g (1 3/4 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal filet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter or oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Trim milk-fed veal filet and season.
- In a frying pan, melt butter on high heat and brown filet on all sides.
- Place filet on a grill in a dripping pan and finish cooking in oven until inside temperature reaches 150°F (66°C).
- Meanwhile, deglaze frying pan with syrup and cream.
- Let reduce and simmer on low heat while stirring constantly with a whisk until desired consistency is reached. Salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- Remove filet from oven and let stand for 15 minutes (in general, when the filet shrinks, it is sufficiently cooked enough with a pink colour inside.)
- Slice filet in medallions and coat with sauce. Accompany with small vegetables and egg noodles.