- 700 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal shoulder or blade roast
- 250 ml (1 cup) commercial salsa
- 50 ml (1 3/4 oz) balsamic vinegar (preferably Modena)
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Season the milk-fed veal shoulder roast with pepper.
- Combine the salsa and balsamic vinegar and set aside.
- Place the roast in the centre of a piece of parchment paper*, and then transfer to a loaf pan. Pour the salsa mixture over the roast and close well. Place the pan on the top grill of the barbecue and cook 2 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Let stand 10 minutes. Slice the milk-fed veal roast and serve with the pan juices. Accompany with potatoes in aluminum foil and grilled vegetables.
*You may also use aluminium foil.
Alternative: To roast in oven: preheat oven to 225°F (105°C) and cook for 5-6 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.