- 2 pavés of Quebec Milk-Fed Veal from the leg,
115 g (4 oz) each
Spice mix (for 4 recipes):
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried basil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Italian seasoning
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) BBQ chicken spice mix
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Cayenne pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high temperature.
- Thoroughly combine all the spice mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Put a little spice mix in a plate and carefully coat the veal. Keep the extra spices not used for the coating in a tightly sealed container for later use.
- Cook the pavés on the barbecue 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 150°F (66°C). The cooking time may vary according to the thickness of the meat.
- Serve the pavés of milk-fed veal with vegetable pasta in olive oil and a mixed spring salad.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.