- 115 g (4 oz) milk-fed veal cutlet
- 30 to 50 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) white wine
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper
- Asparagus and mushrooms precooked according to taste
Preparation in 4 easy steps
In a skillet, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil over high heat and brown the milk-fed veal cutlet quickly on each side.
Remove from pan and transfer to a warm platter.
Deglaze the skillet with the white wine to recover the pan drippings.
Add the cream.*
- Seasonings, topping
Season to taste.
Garnish with asparagus and mushrooms.
* Tip for the sauce: for a creamier sauce, whisk in a knob of butter (at the end of cooking, remove the saucepan from the heat, add a knob of butter, mix well and serve).
Suggested side dishes: serve with vegetables and risotto or pasta.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.