- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal T-bone steaks,
about 250 g (1/2 lb) each
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped tarragon
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the milk-fed veal steaks in a shallow dish, pour the marinade over the steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take the marinated steaks out of the refrigerator a few minutes before grilling on the barbecue (BBQ).
- Preheat the barbecue (BBQ) for medium-high heat.
- Grill the milk-fed veal steaks on both sides quickly and finish cooking on the top grill or at low temperature.
- For light pink meat, remove the steaks from the barbecue (BBQ) when the juices reappear on both sides, the steaks have reduced slight and the internal temperature has reached 150°F (66°C).
- Serve with potato wedges and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.