- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal striploin pavé steaks,
110 to 120 g (4 oz) each
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) sherry (Xeres)
- 250 ml (1 cup) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock
- 398 ml (14 oz) pitted Bing cherries without the juice
- 250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Season the milk-fed veal pavé steaks with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the steaks quickly over high heat.
- Place on a grill in a roasting pan and finish roasting in the oven. The steaks are ready when the internal temperatures reaches 150°F (66°C), the meat juices appear on the surface and the veal begins to shrink. Remove from the oven a few minutes before serving.
- In the meantime, deglaze the skillet with the sherry and add the veal stock and cherries.
- Let simmer a few minutes, add the demi-glace sauce and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Spoon sauce onto plates, then arrange the milk-fed veal steaks on the sauce.
- Serve the steaks with grilled peppers, shiitake risotto, almonds and grilled pines, then garnish with a leaf of rocket (arugula) lettuce.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.