- 500 g (1 lb) of Quebec Milk-Fed Veal striploin, trimmed
- Healthy salt (lavender) from La Fine Fleur de la Tapani, to taste
- 300 g (10.7 oz) Bouquet Savoura small coloured tomatoes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar from Maison Orphée
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil from Maison Orphée
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredient for the marinade in a bowl.
- Split the tomatoes in two, put them in the marinade and let stand for a few hours.
* This marinade can also be used on a tomato salad to accompany milk-fed veal pavés, or to marinate mushrooms or pieces of miniature cucumbers.
Cooking the roast:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Put the milk-fed veal roast on a grill in a roasting pan and season with the lavender spices.
- Place the roast in the oven and turn it over mid-way through cooking, until the internal temperature reaches 150°F (66°C).
- Let stand and cool the roast.
- Cut the milk-fed veal roast into small cubes.
- Prepare the brochettes by alternating veal cubes with marinated tomatoes.
Photo credit: Michel Guertin, photographer
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.