- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal brochette strips
or striploin steak or tenderloin cut into strips
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) canola oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) turmeric powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) pepper
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- A few drops of Sriracha Asian pepper sauce or 1 pinch of chili powder
- 4 large, well-ripened avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- Salt to taste
Grilled pepper mousse:
- 3 grilled red peppers
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) cream cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 Italian tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle of olive oil for each glass
- Mix all the marinade ingredients with a whisk.
- Pour the marinade on the milk-fed veal strips and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the milk-fed veal strips from the marinade and thread them on 16 to 20 wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers on a cookie sheet on the grill and cook them under the top element at maximum heat (broil) until the internal temperature reaches 66°C (150°F) – (this will take about 1 to 2 minutes per side) or on the barbecue preheated to medium-high.
- To prepare the guacamole, place the avocados in a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the lemon juice, cumin and salt. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- To make the pepper mousse, purée the grilled peppers* with a blender. Add the cheese, garlic and salt. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Using a pastry bag, fill the glasses with guacamole and then the grilled pepper mousse, add the topping and finish with a satay grilled veal brochette.
* If you grill the peppers yourself, make sure to remove the skin before puréing them.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.