- 200 g (1/2 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal sweetbreads
- Sufficient quantity, flour
- Sufficient quantity, eggs
- Sufficient quantity, bread crumbs
- Sufficient quantity, oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) demi-glace sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Cajun seasoning or for a spicier sauce, increase the amount of seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- French-fried potatoes
- Curd cheese
- Pour the veal stock, demi-glace sauce and Cajun seasoning into a casserole. Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce until a creamy texture is obtained. If necessary, adjust the seasoning by adding salt and pepper.
- Trim the Quebec Milk-Fed Veal sweetbreads and place in cold lemon water.
- Separate the lobes, taking care to remove the connective and fatty tissue surrounding the sweetbreads, and put them back in the lemon water.
- Drain the sweetbreads well, then bread by dredging them in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the milk-fed veal sweetbreads until the breading is golden. Set aside and keep warm. The crispy milk-fed veal sweetbreads can be prepared in advance and heated in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, alternate the fries and curd cheese, add the sauce and then the crispy Quebec Milk-Fed Veal sweetbreads.
Alternative: After placing the fries, curd cheese and sauce in a bowl, add a piece of specialty cheese on top of the sauce, cook it until golden, and then add the crispy milk-fed veal sweetbreads.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.