- 3 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal strip loin medallions, 40 g each
- Butter or oil, as needed
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) black currant liqueur from Cassis Monna & filles
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) demi-glace sauce
- A few drops of Sriracha Asian pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Melt the butter In a skillet over high heat and quickly brown the milk-fed veal medallions.
- Place the milk-fed veal medallions on a grid in a drip pan and finish cooking in the oven until internal temperature reaches 150°F (66°C).
- Deglaze the skillet with the black currant liqueur and scrape the bottom of the pan well with a whisk to remove browned bits.
- Add the veal stock, the demi-glaze sauce and the Asian pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Side dish: Al Dente penne rigate, with Champignons Charlevoix inc. mushrooms sautéed in butter.
Orange cutie squash purée with veal stock and turmeric, and marinated and roasted Sweet dumpling squash from Ferme Bédard et Blouin inc.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chief and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal, on the occasion of the ARQ Contacts Capitale-Nationale activity organized by the Association des restaurateurs du Québec.