- 1 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal leg, loin or filet roast, 750 g (1 1/2 lb)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed vegetables (onions, celery and carrots coarsely cut) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300oF (150oC).
- Salt and pepper roast and place in a roasting pan on the vegetables or on a grill.
- Place in oven and turn halfway through cooking to brown all sides.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150°F (66°C), approximately 30 minutes per inch of thickness at 300oF (150oC), or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
Preparation of the hot bites:
It is possible to create various combinations of hot bites. For example, use a thin slice of Milk-Fed Veal roast on a mini-pita bread previously brushed with tomato sauce or salsa, add sweet peppers of different colour finely diced and a fresh herb of your choice. You can also use puff pastry, mini vol-au-vent or mini corn shells (ex.: Tostitos). For the trimmings, vegetables, onion confit and a variety of cheeses are also good choices. Let your imagination run free. That’s all there is to it!