Each recipe has a story!
It is difficult to determine the exact origin of each recipe. The story you will read is taken from legends, discussions and chefs’ theories. Apparently…
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Milk-Fed Veal
- 20 g (2 tbsp) corn starch diluted in a little water (60 ml – 1/4 cup)
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 70 g (1/2 cup) onion
- 8 g (1 tsp) kosher salt
- 2 g (1 tsp) pepper
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) allspice
- 20 g (2 tbsp) tapioca
- In a saucepan, mix all ingredients, except the tapioca, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for approximately 1 hour or until the mix is reduced in half and stir frequently.
- Add tapioca, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place the mix in ramekins and refrigerate.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.