Each recipe has a story!
It is difficult to determine the exact origin of each recipe. The story you will read is taken from legends, discussions and chefs’ theories. Apparently…
- 2 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cutlets, 115 g (4 oz) each
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 1 beaten egg with 15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- Butter and oil
- Successively roll the cutlets in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Quickly brown the cutlets on both sides.
- Serve with sauerkraut and potato salad.
Variation: the cutlets could be cooked in the oven on a grill if there are several guests.
Milanese-Style Veal Cutlets
It is the same process, but parmesan cheese is added to the breadcrumb and it is served with a dish of pasta, and a tomato and arugula salad.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.