Quebec Milk-Fed Veal Cup-Steak
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Milk-Fed Veal
- 1 carrot cut in large pieces
- 1 celery cut in large pieces
- 2 French shallots cut in large pieces
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 398 ml (1 can) creamed corn
- Mashed potatoes with curcuma and paprika in sufficient quantity
- In a food processor, finely chop the pieces of carrot, celery and French shallots.
- Add the egg, spices and cornstarch.
- Mix for one minute.
- Add ground milk-fed veal.
- Blend until the mix is smooth.
- If needed, let sit in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Flip a muffin tin upside down and oil the bottom of 4 compartments and leave one compartment empty in between.
- Take 1/4 of the preparation mix, make a patty and place a small square of parchment paper on top.
- Repeat this step for the other 3 patties.
- Carefully spread the patty on the oiled compartments to make cups, leaving the parchment paper in place.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the meat is golden.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the cups by turning them slightly and remove the parchment paper.
- Place the veal cups on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Fill the cups with creamed corn.
- With a pastry bag, make mashed potato rosettes on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rosettes are nicely coloured.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.