- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil (unroasted)
- 675 g (approximately 1 1/2 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal blade roast
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
- 24 sheets of wonton dough
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) minced shallots
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) teriyaki marinade sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) beef broth
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped ginger
- 2 stems of lemongrass cut in half lengthwise
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Sriracha chili sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) honey
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix marinade ingredients.
- In an oven-proof pan, heat the sesame oil on medium. Brown the Milk-Fed Veal roast for one minute on each side.
- Pour the marinade into the pan and turn the roast several times to coat it with the marinade. Cover and bake for 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes, until the meat breaks easily with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks from the pan. Shred the veal with a fork.
- In a deep skillet, heat the canola oil on medium. Fry the wonton dough sheets for 30 seconds until crisp. Dry on absorbent paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- Garnish the wonton dough sheets with shredded veal and sauce.