- 750 g (approximately 1 2/3 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable mix for spaghetti sauce
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) red port
Slow cooker/crock pot
- Pat dry the milk-fed veal cubes with a paper towel.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium and brown cubes on all sides a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes. Place the cubes in the slow cooker.
- In the same frying pan, cook the vegetables for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the port into the frying pan. Bring to a boil and scrape the sides of the pan with a wooden spoon to free the cooking juices.
- Transfer the preparation into the slow cooker. Cover and simmer for 8 hours.