- 500 ml (2 cups) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) porto
- 200 g (1/2 pound) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal roast, cut into julienne
- 1 whole green onion cut into rounds
- 25 ml (1/8 cup) pre-cooked small pasta or rice
- Heat veal stock, add desired amount of water depending on concentration of veal stock and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add carrots and porto and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the other ingredients, simmer for a few minutes longer and serve.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.