- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal sirloin or striploin pavé steaks
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g (3 cups) cranberries
- 150 ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup
- 250 ml (1 cup) Prepared Concentrated Veal Stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
- Put the cranberries and maple syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries are soft and begin to split.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Season the milk-fed veal pavé steaks with salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt the butter and brown the steaks quickly over high heat.
- Place on a grill in a roasting pan and finish roasting in the oven. The steaks are ready when the internal temperatures reaches 150°F (66°C), the meat juices appear on the surface and the steaks begin to shrink. Remove from the oven a few minutes before serving.
- In the meantime, deglaze the skillet with the veal stock, stirring vigorously with a whisk, add the demi-glace sauce and incorporate 1 cup of cranberry confit to the sauce just before serving.
- Spoon sauce onto plates, add steaks and decorate with the remainder of the cranberries.
- Serve with regular potatoes and sautéed maple-glazed sweet potatoes and snow peas.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Milk-Fed Veal.