- 755 g (approximately 1 2/3 lb) Quebec Milk-Fed Veal cubes
- 10 ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika (optional)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped garlic (optional)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) beef stock
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 pitted prunes
Slow cooker/crock pot
- Pat dry the milk-fed veal cubes with a paper towel. If desired, sprinkle the veal cubes with smoked paprika.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil on medium and brown cubes on all sides a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion and, if desired, garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour and stir. Transfer the preparation into the slow cooker.
- Incorporate the beef stock and tomato paste into the slow cooker. Add salt, pepper and stir. Add sweet potatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 7 hours.
- Add the prunes and cook for an additional hour.